Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Say what?


Over the course of the last several blog entries and newsletters, I have spent considerable print space on what goes INTO my daughters mouths. (Or noses) Today, let's focus on what comes out of them. (Their mouths people! Their mouths!) It is so funny to listen to little kids talk about the world around them. They process things differently than we do. Combine that with the fact that most kids do not have the "is this appropriate to say right now?" filter, and you have solid laughs and memories.

From Becca wondering (out loud of course) how unfair it is that Daddy can go to the bathroom standing up and she can't. (I reminded her of the neat little trick mommy showed her and she seemed to relax a bit.) To Gabi saying that Daddy's breath smelled like "a**". (Great, I wonder where she heard that.) The girls give us plenty of laughs and occasional desires to get the duct tape.

The other day we were at a meeting at church and Becca leaned over and asked me, "Daddy, how many more days is this meeting going to last?" Sheesh. We are so related it is not even funny. What is sad is that I was thinking the same thing. Not minutes, but days!

I am sure that there are things that are just spectacularly hysterical to one family that another would roll their eyes at. But kids say it like they think it. And I happen to think my daughters are freakin' hilarious!

The other day at cell group, the house was full of teenagers. Someone moved a chair across the tile floor and it made a very suspicous sounding noise. Becca looked at me and said in Portuguese, "Daddy, how could you!?" The room exploded in laughter. I wanted to crawl away and hide but instead, I turned red, chuckled and knew once again, that this was my daughter and she gets it honest!

1 comment:

Brandon Farr said...

Dude!!!

I enjoy a good laugh. It made me laugh so much because I know you guys so well. I miss you guys.

Brandon